RESOLVED, That the House of Representatives declare 2012 as the "Year of the Bible" in Pennsylvania in recognition of both the formative influence of the Bible on our Commonwealth and nation and our national need to study and apply the teachings of the holy scriptures. Adopted by the Pennsylvania House, January 24th by a vote of 193-0. 2012
- Rep. and former Speaker DeWeese (D) is convicted of conspiracy, conflict of interest and theft.
- Former Rep. Freese (R) gets 4 to 12 years for corruption.
- Former Speaker Perzel (R) pleads guilty to conflict of interest, theft and conspiracy.
- Rep. Veon (D) is convicted of illegal fundraising.
- Sen. Fumo (D) is convicted on 137 counts of corruption.
- Rep. Habay (R) is convicted of harassment, perjury solicitation and intimidation.
- Legislators vote themselves a pay raise at 2 a.m. without public knowledge – and with an authorization to receive the money as "unvouchered expenses,” thereby evading the Constitutional prohibition against taking salary increases in the term they are passed. Gov. Rendell (D) signs the bill. Public outrage forces repeal of the raise – and 17 legislators and a Supreme Court justice are tossed out in the next election.
- Sen. Loeper (R) pleads guilty to hiding $330,000 in income from consulting firm.
- Rep. Gigliotti (D) is convicted of extortion, mail fraud and tax evasion.
- Sen. Slocum (R) pleads guilty to discharging 3.5 million gallons of raw sewage into Brokenstraw Creek as plant manager in Youngsville.
- Rep. Druce (R) is convicted of hit-and-run death.
- Rep. Bebko-Jones (D) pleads guilty to forging nominating petition signatures.
- Rep. LaGrotta (D) pleads guilty to ghost employment of family members.